ISAP #16 - This May Be THE Dream Job in International Education with Amy Rutherford
Today, I’m bring you a conversation with Amy Rutherford, Director of Education, North America for Education New Zealand. Amy has worked in many areas of the field from sending and receiving students at a university in New Zealand, serving as on-site director for an international program provider, and now working in a government agency in support of international education. She has a fascinating job now and, most importantly, she shares why we all need to put New Zealand at the top of our study abroad/travel bucket lists (as if we needed convincing).
LISTEN & SUBSCRIBE
ABOUT OUR SPONSOR
Today’s episode is sponsored by Education New Zealand. New Zealand is one of those elusive destinations for me, but it’s at the top of my bucket list for sure. ENZ...as it’s lovingly referred to...is the government agency responsible for promoting international education. Here’s a fun fact: New Zealand is the only country with all of its universities counted among the top 500 in the world in the QS World Rankings. And it welcomes around 125,000 international students every single year. You can learn more about this small (but mighty destination) and their high quality study opportunities at studyinnewzealand.com.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN IN THIS EPISODE
- How Amy’s international education story began even before she was born
- How she found herself work in international education
- What are some of the biggest challenges she’s had to overcome as an IE professional
- What it was like to be the site director for a program during a massive emergency situation
- What Amy thinks are some of the biggest opportunities in IE right now
- What is Education New Zealand and how they’ve revolutionized how governmental organizations approach international student recruitment and marketing
- How study abroad offices can utilize ENZ tactics in their offices
- Why New Zealand is the best study abroad option out there! ;)