ISAP #3: NAFSA 2016 Recap and Going Inside the Inside Study Abroad Podcast (so meta) with Brooke Roberts
This week I'm going solo and recapping my NAFSA 2016 experience in Denver. It was honestly one of my favorite conference experiences to date - reconnecting, debuting The Study Abroad Journal, meeting so many Global Pro Institute alumni, and just generally feeling like I was coming home. Re-entry never felt so good!
LISTEN TO THE SHOW
Here's what you'll learn in this episode:
- Why I sound like a man
- How many downloads of the podcast I've had so far!
- Highlights of NAFSA 2016 including karaoke, a reception inside a reception, snapchat selfies, meetings, etc.
- What I think are the most valuable networking opportunities at NAFSA
- Why I started this podcast
- What topics you can expect me to cover and who I'll have on the show
- Who's coming up next week
INSIDE CHAT - TOMORROW!
I'm also launching a new professional development series called #InsideChat. These will be online video chat sessions where a guest and I will tackle various professional and career development topics along with Q&A opportunities.
Tomorrow, I'm joined by Natalie Garrett, Customer Development and Marketing Director at ViaTRM (and co-found with me of The Study Abroad Journal) and we'll be talking about:
Navigating Your NAFSA Networking Hangover - How to follow-up like a boss, implement your ideas, and keep the conference momentum going
These are live chats (and recordings will be available). Join us tomorrow, June 9th at 2pm CST!